Thursday, August 21, 2014

Sadness :(

This morning I woke up to find my caterpillar/butterfly habitat torn up by what I believe was mice.  They chewed multiple large holes in the screen and ate all the chrysalis that were in it.  I had about 30 just waiting to become butterflies and now they are all gone.  Of course to make matters worse, once the mice opened the habitat, the wasps took full advantage and killed all the caterpillars I was feeding.  Sob!!  Now that the mice know how to get to the chrysalis I can't continue saving the caterpillars until I figure out another way to keep the mice from ruining the habitat.  The screening I used was good for keeping out wasps and lizards but is no match for mice.  Back to the drawing board I guess.   :(

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! This is so sad. Damn mice. I'm thinking some cheddar and mice traps wouldn't be out of line. So cruel I know, but I'm sad for your butterflies!

    ReplyDelete